Friday, May 21, 2021

Tamagotchi Boom

 Hi hi! I wanted to talk to you about my recent boom~ 

It's not directly related to gyaru but I guess you could say it's gyaru adjacent, in a way. That boom is...
Tamagotchi!

I used to have a few as a kid growing up in the 90's, and a few years ago when the Tamagotchi Sanrio Mix came out, I ordered one on a nostalgic whim. Also because I'm a simp for anything Sanrio, what can I say 

Strangely enough I never actually ended up playing with it much back then... I'm not sure why. I've just been holding onto it all this time and never used it! But recently I turned it on and decided to start playing, and got completely hooked! 

My first egg grew into Nijifuwatchi

I've been working from home for the past year and one of the perks of being a shut-in is that I can care for my Tamagotchi all hours of the day. You can actually have your Tamagotchi get married and "breed" (for lack of a better word) with Sanrio characters in this edition! The children inherit traits from both parents and they can end up really cute or a little strange...

One of my favorite mixes so far

It seems like Tamagotchi is quite popular right now, especially with the whole y2k boom happening. There are Facebook groups, YouTubers, and I actually met Rae, another gal friend, through our shared love of Tamas!

I couldn't stop at just one, and found a remake of the Gen 1 at my local Target. The shell is sooo cute and aesthetic! When I was a kid I just had a plain blue one. My first egg grew into Ginjirotchi, and while he was going strong for 11 days, he actually died recently


Ginjirotchi in all his glory

I even downloaded the app, and while I take issue with how ad-heavy it is, the minigames are addicting and the Tamagotchi in the app are really low maintenance. I don't think they can even die, lol. 

One of my hatches in the app

Yuchan also got into V-pets recently with the re-release of the Digimon v-pets. It's funny when one of them starts beeping and we look around frantically to see whose it is. We joked that we're a v-pet circle now w


I still want to get more of them... My wallet says no but I have a whole wishlist now lolMaybe I'll share it in a future post!

My current boy that I'm going to marry off soon!

I hope you enjoyed this glance into my recent boom! Did you ever own a v-pet? Would you get one now? Let me know in the comments!  



Thank you so much for reading, talk to you again real soon!
~SamiiChu

I've been forgetting to include songs on my recent posts, so here's one today:

m-flo loves BONNIE PINK: Love Song


2 comments:

  1. Waaaah! What a beautiful boom ❤ When I was young I also had a Tamagotchi (but mine was from a random brand, not official), and I loved taking care of it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! C: I also had some of those other brand virtual pets that were popular back in the day! I remember my mom got me a Little Mermaid one, lol~

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...