Sunday, May 23, 2021

Casual Post | Little Sister's Graduation

 Hi hi~! I hope you're all having a great weekend. 


I've been pretty busy! This week was the last of my semester for online classes (I'm pursuing a second degree online... remind me again why I thought that was a good idea? lol), I took on some freelance marketing project because I've been spending way too much $$$ on hauls lately, and then we went to my sister's graduation! I'll share a bit about my weekend with you~



I had to stay up really late on Friday night to turn in the majority of my finals work for my online classes. I didn't get to bed until 2 and we had to wake up at 7... and I'd been sleeping awfully the whole week so I felt absolutely dead on my feet when I woke up. As a result, my make and hair ended up nothing like I had planned. 
 

I got this dress at TJ Maxx for like $14! I love it so much

I was disappointed about how my look came out and didn't even end up wearing lashes because my eyes were not having it.

Not only that, but I made us leave late, and I forgot a bunch of stuff at home. Like my sweater and sunscreen It was a 3.5 hour drive to my sister's school and I ended up getting a little carsick because I was just so exhausted.

Me in the car with natural, unintentional eyebags lol

We got there just in time and met up with my parents! The graduation was taking place outside, and luckily my mom picked up sunscreen on the way when I told her I forgot mine. She also decorated a sunhat to match my dress! I get my creativity and love for deco from her.


The graduation took place outdoors because of the pandemic. It was overcast and muggy, and my hair instantly deflated (and I ended up getting a sunburn on my lips lol). But we watched my sister get her degree! So proud of her.


After that, we quickly helped her get a few last things out of her dorm and headed to a celebration dinner with her roommates and their families.


I didn't take any pictures though; we were too hungry w

Next, we headed to the hotel. Even though we were all exhausted at this point, we started chatting and opened a few bottles of wine and some snacks... and ended up staying up talking til midnight 

It's always loads of fun whenever my family gets together. At that point, I was nearly falling asleep on the couch and couldn't stop laughing at stupid jokes.

My mom always brings me a ton of stuff whenever I see her! (I also get my shopping habit from her...lol) She got me a bunch of snacks and crafting supplies.

My parents also gave me this Peanuts blanket that my dad apparently didn't want anymore!


She also bought me this bracelet with the intent of me repurposing the pearls to make something else, but I've kind of grown fond of it and don't want to take it apart. What do you think??


Exhausted and more than a little tipsy, we went to bed and I think I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow.


The next day, I woke up at 8am - having a full 8 hours of sleep for the first time in over a week felt so good! Despite my hangover, I managed to throw on some makeup after showering. No lashes again because I wasn't having it 


We went for brunch after checking out and chatted some more! Then my sister took us to a cute nursery nearby. I picked up a succulent and Yuchan got a dahlia plant. My sister also gave me a few clippings from her succulents to propagate! I haven't been doing well with plants this year so let's see how they go. It was so hot and everyone had a long drive home so we decided to say goodbye.

Some cute flowers

an adorable cactus hedge


GET~

I bought this floral pattern scarf that was on sale, even though my sister and Yuchan both told me they thought it was ugly It kind of reminds me of some of the onee brand patterns!

We chatted the whole drive home, and when we finally got back our hamster was excited to see us. It was his first time being alone for the whole weekend! He wouldn't stop climbing on the bars and jumping for our hands.

Here's some photos of him that I promised I would share!!




It was a tiring weekend but I was so thankful and happy that I got to spend time with my family! It was loads of fun.

Unrelated, I think I am going to give my face a break from makeup for a little while. My eyes are so sore and itchy and I ended up getting a bit sunburnt despite my sunscreen. Maybe just for the week until I'm feeling better (not that I have plans to go out at all lol)

There were also some packages waiting for me when I got back, but I'll post about them later! 

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoy this kind of post and that it's not too long - I know sometimes I can ramble eheh

I'll talk to you again very soon! 
~SamiiChu

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister!!!!
    Also omgggg the hammy looks so cute ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      And he's my wild little boy!! <3 I'm glad you like him~

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...