Friday, June 4, 2021

Aliexpress Haul: Kogal & More

 Hi hi~!


About a month or so ago, I put in a massive Aliexpress order. I mainly wanted to get some crafting supplies, but little by little, a bunch of other stuff snuck its way into my cart... How did that happen?

I've done a few orders from Aliexpress before, and while I know they can be hit or miss sometimes, I took a few gambles and overall I'm very pleased with the results! 

The main tip I have is to make sure that the shop has plenty of sold items and reviews/comments. Usually, shops like that are pretty reliable, but there are always exceptions. Also, if you pay for shipping, it usually comes faster!

 All in all, it took about a month and a half total for everything to reach me. Some things came much quicker than others, and one item took forever to ship out - I didn't even think they were going to ship it, to be honest. But eventually, it all made its way to me. Here's everything I got

First are these pouches! 


They all turned out to be quite nice quality for the price, so I'm very pleased! The Sumikko Gurashi feels like official quality. I love Tokage, even though my favorite used to be Shiro Kuma. I also really like Tonkatsu... They're all so cute I can barely decide. But Tokage has a special place in my heart because Yuchan bought me a plush of him to cheer me up (he thought it was a dolphin LOL) and now it's kind of like our little thing we share!

Watermelon is my favorite fruit so of course I had to order this adorable pouch!After I ordered it, I saw someone in a Black Diamond vine with the same one~ Of course I have to have my Snoopy too...

The Snoopy one is soo big and can carry all my makeup! And finally, I got the panda because I now need an extra pouch for all my pens and markers, lol. Honestly, you can never have enough pouches

Next up is my acce haul!


I got the purple flower earrings for a look I'm planning for later this summer! They actually turned out to be super gorgeous and even bigger than I expected. I wholeheartedly recommend them and even am considering getting them in other colors...

The big heart hoops are very thin but super cute, I think they'll add a nice touch to a lot of my co*des. The pearl hoops are a copy of ones that Shi-chan wears in a lot of her photos, so I absolutely had to have them. And funny story, I actually ordered the heart pearl earrings before (they're so popular among the Western gal comm), but the seller actually sent the wrong one... and they turned out nothing like the ones I wanted So I'm happy to have them at last! 

Oh, and the big pearl thing is actually a hair tie! I'm intrigued to see how it will work... Maybe around a bun? Either way, it could be a cute wrist accessory too!

I also got flowers!



You might not be able to tell from the photo, but these flowers are actually massive! They're for something I have planned for later this summer~ 
I think the pink ones would look cute as hair acce for beachy looks, too Or even as a bag deco! They have both safety pins and hair clips on the back, so they're super versatile and quite nice.

And I got... Leis!!!


 These were actually a little expensive compared to what I normally pay on Ali. But it was 9 sets of 4 pieces each - necklace, headband, and two bracelets 

They're all the same color which is a little boring, but I was too nervous to order the "mixed" color option, thinking I wouldn't get the one I wanted most. I'm going to use these a lot this summer and probably give some away.

Next up are my crocs... I never thought I would be saying that lol


I got these white platform crocs! They are too plain IMO and in need of some serious deco'ing, which I plan to do. Also, I almost broke my ankle trying them on! I'm going to have to be so careful wearing these! But overall, I feel like they're great quality and will hold up quite well. 


I also got some pink ones, because you always need pink The height is much lower so they're safer to wear. I want to deco these, too!

I've already put in a small order for croc charms, lol, and I am planning to use some stuff I already have to make them look cute! Look forward to a blog about croc deco'ing.

Next is the purchase(s) that I'm probably the most pleased with! 


They're Burberry knock-offs! I got them mainly for Kogal co*des that I'm planning, but I am absolutely over the moon with how nice they are. They're large, heavy, ultra-soft, and the tag says "Cashmere blend" and while I'm not sure how true that is, I'm inclined to believe it with how nice they feel! 

I am absolutely delighted with these. They were less than $10 each! Here is the link if you're interested

Next...


This school skirt! I wasn't expecting a lot considering Aliexpress's track record with clothing and the fact that skirts from Asia tend to be extremely short on me. (I'm 5'6"/167 cm) They come with safety shorts built in, but this turned out to be more of a hindrance than a help for me, because while the skirt fit, the shorts had a really tough time getting over my thighs 

It also barely covered my butt so I tied a skirt around for modesty.


Yeah... I feel like it somehow makes my legs look really stubby and thick? I don't like it at all. Luckily I have a better quality skirt from CONOMI in the mail from Japan. Idk, I feel like I wouldn't recommend this one unless you're on the petite and thin side, because while they do have different sizing options (XS or S all the way up to XXL I believe?) they're still made for Asian bodies and I definitely don't have one of those. It also makes me feel awful when I don't fit into things that are supposed to be in my size

Moving on... 

As you just saw in the photo above, I also ordered a pair of loose socks! I was soo excited for these. Probably the #1 thing I was most excited for, actually. I ordered the 80 cm length, but they have four different sizes! The ones I got were the second shortest length.   


They're warm and soft and I really love them, though part of me wonders if I should also order a longer pair...


Here they are with the pink crocs! Link is here if you're interested.

And now on to the absolute worst thing I bought. I'm talking massive disappointment. 

This was listed as a "large capacity" school bag. I ordered the black one, seeing the positive reviews for the shop.
 

It was the most expensive thing that I ordered, and the seller didn't ship it out for several weeks. I was about to open a dispute when I finally got the notification that it shipped. Well, it got here and...


It's sooo small. I instantly thought "wtf is this??"
It's not going to work for what I bought it for at all. I'm actually kind of surprised after the price and the positive reviews. Now, there are comments up that also say it's smaller than they were expecting, but they weren't there when I ordered this.
I ordered another school bag for a different shop shortly after opening this package, let's hope that one works out! 

Some other random stuff I got included a ring light for taking selfies...

I think I wanna deco this too lol

A Kero lanyard because I have no cute lanyards at all! 


Cute at a faraway glance but up close the design is... questionable


What else can you expect when you pay a few dollars?

And I got two pairs of black sheer tights with heart patterns on them, as well as a few other things from a second order that haven't arrived yet! 

All of that is on top of my crafting supplies, which were the main reason I made an order in the first place. I am super pleased with all of the supplies, and I'll be showing you what I make with all of them soon

Sorry that this post ended up being quite long! I also hope you don't mind when I complain about things being different than what I expected. I don't want to come off as being too negative

If you liked anything from this post and I didn't post a link, please let me know in the comments and I'll provide it for you! I just got lazy to add links for everthing eheh

As always, thank you for reading! I've gotten some new followers lately and your comments always make my day. When I started this blog, I figured it would mostly be me talking to myself, but I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy my posts!

Let me know what your favorite item from this haul was!
I'll talk again real soon!
-SamiiChu

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I really love them!

      Delete
  2. Awww that sucks about the bag. But everything else is super cute!!! I would like to try JK gal just once -A-♥ But I know I have to get a non-Japanese size skirt XD If you had trouble then I know I will as well XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I know lol... let's hope I have better luck with the second bag!
      I wanna try JK gal soo badly too T^T Let's make a collab edit<3

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...