Monday, September 13, 2021

Blog Challenge | Gyaru 109 Meme

 Yaho~ I'm not dead!

It's been a while! Real life has been unmanageably busy lately, and sadly my blog was the first thing to go

But I missed you all and have a bunch of drafts that I want to publish, and I thought joining Reila's challenge for 109 month would be a great way to jump back into blogging

Check it out if you haven't already, there are plenty of activities scheduled!

Gyaru 109 Meme

Name / Gyaru nickname and country:

Samii from USA

Since when are you gyaru?

I started having gyaru influence in my fashion since 2012, but I only did my first actual gyaru look with proper makeup, hair, etc. in 2018! 

How did you discover the style?

Funnily enough it was via J-vloggers like Venus Angelic and Kim Dao talking about gyaru in their YouTube videos - and I absolutely fell in love with Liz Lisa the first time I saw it! Then I found Sui Princess's YouTube channel and went down the rabbit hole from there.

What's your current substyle? Why do you like it?

Sooo unlike most gaijin gals I wouldn't actually say I have a certain substyle right now! I've been doing a lot of Reiwa gal looks lately, and of course I'm heavily influenced by onee brands like Rady and DaTuRa. If I had to make up a name for my current style I'd say modern onee or Rady kei, pfff. 

I love it because it's feminine, glam, sexy and a little bit classy (which I know doesn't seem to fit people's stereotypical gyaru image, but that's the vibe I get from my inspo and I really feel like it suits me!)

Which are your current booms?

•everything fur and fuzzy

•animal print, specifically leopard and zebra

•black and gold 

Buuuut I feel a new boom coming on... I'm going back to the past - I feel super excited by the cute girly 2012 trends that I fell in love with in the first place! I ordered a bunch of Liz Lisa and have been looking at a lot of Okarie pics for inspo. So there might be something new in my future... 

Share 3 of your fav codes. Why do you like them so much?

 


This co*de I did for Natsumin's blog challenge that I can't wait to wear out once it gets cold enough. I love how fluffy and cute I felt wearing it!


This Himekaji co*de I did for our Baltimore trip. All the Liz Lisa made my 18-year-old self's dream come true!


Finally this romantic co*de! It's got all my favorite little details.

Share 3 things your learn during your Gyaru journey.

1- your interpretation of something will never be the same as anyone else's and that's okay.

2- no one is perfect, no matter how much it looks like they are on social media.

3- don't try to force yourself into a makeup style (or hairstyle or clothing style) that looks like shit on you.

Share 3 gaijin gals and 3 Japanese gals you look up to.

Gaijin Gals

There are so many cool people in this community, I wish I could name them all! But I'll stick with three.

Calypso: anyone who can live the gyaru mama life deserves all the respect, and I absolutely adore how she speaks her mind all the time with 0 fucks given. She's an all-around badass- that's the true gal spirit right there

Darla: If I could only have a fraction of Darla's makeup skills and knowledge, I would be unstoppable lol. She's another one who speaks her mind and has an indomitable spirit She's also the best when it comes to seamlessly shifting between looks and I love her YouTube content!

DD: She does so much for bringing the community together, which is harder than ever these days! She also knows exactly who she is and that kind of integrity is worth everything these days, and she's always optimistic and confident

Japanese Gals

Shizuka Muto

Chiichan


Sakurina

What's your favorite Gyaru memory?

Meeting so many amazing and interesting people! Hopefully I can meet people IRL soon (Also Shi-chan liking my Instagram photo eheh)

What advice would you give to people who want to start in the style but don’t have the courage yet?

Do it anyway! That's how you'll find your courage. If there's something in life that you want to do, no one can stop you, especially not yourself. And look at plenty of inspo. Copy and practice and fail until you suceed.

That's all for now, but I'll talk again soon 

I have lots I want to share! Until next time~

SamiiChu

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...