Thursday, May 27, 2021

Mokie

Hi everyone,

I introduced you to my hamster Mokona in one of my latest posts.

Two days ago, he was hiding in his hut all day and night but otherwise seemed normal. But yesterday he became really ill. He had a wheezing sound when he breathed, and was very lethargic and just not acting like his normal self. We took him to the vet yesterday evening and they diagnosed him with a respiratory infection and treated him with some antibiotics.

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse when we got home. I don't know if we caught the infection too late or if the shock from going to the vet was too much for him, but he became very weak. He couldn't even dig in his bedding and fell asleep in his above-ground bed. I put a blanket on him for some warmth and tried to get some sleep myself hoping that he just needed some rest to fight off the infection.

Then, in the morning, we found that he couldn't pull through... He had passed away in his sleep. I can't stop crying. I wish that he had a longer life. It was so sudden. We really thought he might be able to pull through.

Yuchan took me to a local park and we made a grave for him by a bush full of white flowers.


I hope that he had a good life with us... I wish I had noticed the infection sooner, maybe things would have turned out differently. 

Thanks for reading 

Rest in Peace Mokona

3 comments:

  1. With pets you always question if you did enough or was there something else that could be done. But you can't think that way. If you took care of them, spent time, gave them all they needed and showed love, then you definitely gave them an amazing life. And I'm 1000% that you made this little baby super happy. Thank you for sharing with us. And I'm so so sorry for your loss. But it will be okay. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to say, thank you so much for your words <3 It's so sad that his life was cut so short but I hope he could at least be happy in the time he had with us♥

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...