Thursday, May 13, 2021

New Curl Styling Method?

 Hi Hi~! I hope you're doing well.

I randomly decided to try a new method to style my curls. I have no idea if it has an official name or anything, it's something I did once in high school on a whim, and wanted to try it again and share it with you! 

First I conditioned my hair (I usually only wash it once a week, and condition it the rest of the time) and plopped it into an old T-shirt. Then I applied some oil to the ends because I'm still trying to get it to a point where it's healthy.

This is the oil I used. My mom gave it to me! It smells really good and it seems to hydrate my hair well.

After I applied the oil to my ends, I started twisting my hair into tight spirals with my fingers while it was still soaking wet. My hair naturally bunched into sections, so I just used those sections as a guideline to separate the spirals, and tried to follow the natural direction of my curls. 


This was how it looked when wet! Once I finished twisting them all, I hit the ends with Sleek & Shine Sleek Finish 5-in-1 serum spray by Garnier Fructis. I prefer my Kukui oil anti-humidity spray, but I'm almost out of the latter and want to save it for a day when I'm actually going out!

I let my hair air dry for a few hours. It took about 3-4 hours to fully dry. 


This was how it looked when it was still slightly damp! 

I waited until it was 100% dry. This was how it looked; it reminded me of one of those Victorian dolls with the ringlets haha.



Then I gently combed the spirals out with my fingers!  
It looked like this:


A little different than I was imagining, but super cute! I feel like this would look great with a beachy outfit if I can get the ends a little healthier. 


I'm going to try this method again with bigger spirals! Let's see how it turns out.

Oh, and this was how my hair looked the morning after. (I sleep on a silk pillowcase to help my curls.) Funny enough, it looks like most of them went back into their spirals!


Having curly hair can be so frustrating sometimes, because it's literally a gamble if it will look good that day or not. I have tried so many different methods and products throughout my life, and I would love to get to a point where I don't have "bad hair". I'll keep trying! I do think this method will only work if you have naturally curly hair, but I could be wrong.

One more pic as a parting gift

If you try this method, let me know how it turns out! 


Until next time, bye bye!
~SamiiChu




2 comments:

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...