Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Shein Haul Part 1: Clothing

 Hi hi~ 

I recently did a big haul from Shein and wanted to share with you all what I got! I'm going to divide it into two posts - one for the clothing and one shorter post for the shoes/accessories. 


One of my favorite things is looking for clothes that remind me of Gyaru brands for a much cheaper price. I also just kind of went wild and got a few impulse buys this time around, so that's why it's kind of all over the place in terms of theme... But I hope you enjoy! On to the haul~

First up is this sweater dress I wore on my day off


It's got a lovely knit, turtleneck, and cold shoulder (which is one of my booms right now). It wasn't too hot to wear out shopping when the weather was chilly, and I think it will be warm enough to wear in fall and winter!


I feel awesome wearing this, like I belong on the Rady insta page.
The quality is quite nice and overall I'm so pleased with this purchase. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it when it gets cooler again
10/10

Next is this pearl top. It's also got open sleeves and pearls, so how could I resist? The beautiful lavender color was what sold me on it, but when I took it out of the packaging, I wasn't super impressed. The material feels quite thin and cheap (which is fair, it was cheap), and it looked quite baggy.


But... I put it on and while it was a little big, I think it looks quite nice tucked into a skirt or pants for an OL co*de! If I ever end up going back to the office ha



Sorry for my loose pants lol, I need to buy new ones ~ I can imagine pairing this top with a white skirt or white skinny pants for a very Shi-chan look 

I noticed the top was a bit see-through even though I was wearing a nude bra, so I'll have to wear something underneath. Overall, not bad considering the price!
7/10

Next comes my big disappointment.I ordered this denim skirt with pearls- I've been really liking the look of denim skirts lately, but this one was a total miss.



The waist is too big! I took my measurements before ordering and everything...


Even a belt couldn't save it, because there were these few inches of excess fabric in the back looking awful.


I was joking around with my friends that I could use it as a dress lol
Ignore my suppin face


I didn't hate this look and I was going to try to make it work, but my friend told me the fit wasn't flattering my figure as much as it could, plus there was that bunched-up fabric in the back. 


I even tried to wear it like this and cover the waist up, but you could still see the fabric bunching in the front.I decided to finally give in and return it. They can't all be wins, I guess. The quality is super nice though and I'm sad it didn't work out.
???/10

Next up is... this little black dress! Everyone needs one, and I've since lost enough weight that my old one is big on me, so I picked this one up for cheap.



I felt like it didn't look bad on me, but I definitely need to invest in some shapewear because it is very unforgiving! Not much else to say here. The material feels a little cheap, but it gets the job done.
6/10

That brings us to disappointment #2. When I saw these heart pocket bellbottoms, they were an instant buy. It's not every day you find things like this with such unique details, so I knew I had to order them! Seriously, how cute are they?


But then I put them on and felt very... meh. Maybe it's my body but I feel they really don't flatter my butt. 


I feel like I could make some cute old school co*des with them though? I don't know how to feel. I also prefer light-colored denim so it could be that as well. I guess it's always like this when you step outside your comfort zone.


What do you think?
5/10

Now onto the impulse buys! 

I really love soft rainbow gradients and I ended up adding this knitted rainbow crop top to my cart. It's super soft and cute and gives me summer vibes - the material is actually perfect for me because I'm someone who gets cold even in summer lol. 


The front panel looks a little strange when wearing it, like it doesn't quite fall right. For when you eat too much and want to cover your belly I guess?? 


Luckily, I was able to solve that by pairing it with overalls! It also looks good tucked into paper bag waisted pants. I think it's super playful and cute and I can't wait to wear a lot of colorful accessories with it! I'm happy I could salvage this one, just have to be careful how to coord it.

6/10

Next is one of my favorite gets from this whole haul! Two of my favorite colors are mint and pink, so I had to have it - even though I usually shy away from shirts that expose my stomach because no one's trying to see that lol. So I was really worried about this heart crop top.


But omg, I felt so cute in it!The colors are literally perfect and it fits so well. I'm so pleasantly surprised with this! I'm almost tempted to order it in blue as well!
10/10


I bought these overalls to pair with it - and I was thinking wtf, why am I buying overall shorts, there's almost no way I can pull these off at almost 27 years old...


But I did!
I felt sooo cute and absolutely love these! There are so many good gyaru inspo pics with overalls, I might even dedicate a blog post to making looks with them! Yuchan also said I look adorable


Another unexpected win! I threw some random accessories on because I was so excited lol.


The quality is fabulous, the light color is perfect, and the fit is Goldilocks-tier just right. 
10/10

And that was the clothing section of my Shein haul! I find it hilarious that the items I was most excited about ended up being misses, and the ones I was worried or unsure about were my absolute favorites.

Overall, I'd consider it very successful and I think I got quite a lot of good wardrobe pieces for what I paid! Next I'll review the rest of the items I got. I already have another small haul in the mail full of the swimwear I talked about in my last post!

Haul posts/videos are some of my favorite content, so I hope you liked it too~ What was your favorite item? Do you have anything coming in the mail?

Talk again soon! Bye bye!
~SamiiChu

2 comments:

  1. That purple top is my favourite one! Also, love the last outfit! You are so adorable 💐

    Karadium Main Actress Cover Foundation *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm excited for to wear the purple top ~ And that is so sweet of you to say, thank you so much!!!

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...