Thursday, September 23, 2021

Ita Nails

 Hi hi~!

So I wanted to talk about a new interest of mine that is... sort of? gyaru related?? And that is...

ITA NAILS

Like an itabag, ita nails are when you show your raging love for a character or series, only with your nails!

It's basically being an otaku but looking fabulous while doing itWhich is totally my jam~

Ita nails range from crazy and over-the-top to "so subtle you wouldn't get the reference unless you really know". 

I'll share some of my favorite examples of the different types of ita nails I've seen lately~ (warning for incoming photo dump)

They often incorporate little 3D characters. Colors and designs are either chosen to go along with the character's/series aesthetic...

Or the character is added to an aesthetic that they match with!

Some people mix their favorite characters and mascots for extra adorable-ness...

Some write out the character's name!
Lol I loved this one, impeccable taste

Some include anime or manga art of the characters

simply writing the character's name

These are amazing!

A blend of different designs

this person just has all art!


I love how they incorporated the pattern from his tie!!!

Possibly my favorite itanails yet...


another good example of subtlety

What do you think? Would you ever wear ita nails? What kind of designs would you implement? 

I love ita nails because you can incorporate them into a gyaru look - I've seen a few gals with them before, like Aochan (who is a huge Naruto fan, or at least used to be)

I'm working on a set right now that's pretty over the top that I started before we moved pff and I'm looking forward to sharing with you when it's done!
Thanks for reading! I'll talk to you again soon~
-Samii

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...