Thursday, June 24, 2021

Buying luxury fakes from Aliexpress

Hi hi!

I talked about my newfound interest in luxury brands, especially Chanel, in my latest boom post. And as you also know, I am a cheap b!tch! So how did I handle this new boom...? By buying fakes, of course~


So obviously, if you have a problem with fakes, this isn't the post for you. But if you're interested in my experience shopping for fakes on Aliexpress, please read on!

Before I get to the details of what I bought, I'll talk a little bit about the shopping experience itself. It was a bit of a gamble as the whole process is a little bit...shady.  As can be expected! 

I was actually recommended the fake LV wallet from my suggested items list, which is how I found it, but when I clicked on the item, the photo completely changed. You have to actually scroll down to the item description to see all of the different designs that are being sold, with photos. Almost always, the logos are hidden or blurred out. Be careful that it's actually the one you want!

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.



There are fakes that range from the ~$3 price point to $100 and up.
I'm guessing that you get the quality of what you pay for, but since there are almost no reviews for this kind of shop and no customer photos - which I'll touch on further in a bit - it's a complete gamble.

Also, keep in mind that these shops can be up one day and then shut down the next. I had a Chanel necklace on my wishlist originally, but when I went to buy it the shop had disappeared. Both of the shops that I purchased from have also been shut down since I bought from them. But a new shop always crops up in its place!

All that being said, I can understand why people wouldn't feel comfortable ordering fakes via this method, especially when a shop doesn't have many reviews or has shady photos. But I felt comfortable gambling $20 just to see how it would go! When the LV wallet went so well, I felt confident enough to order the earrings as well.

How about the items themselves? Well, when they got here I was shocked...


The box was super nice and even came with a little pouch! It also has "authentication" papers, which  I can't comment on the quality of in comparison because I've never owned legit LV, but... I was surprised!


They put a lot of detail into the packaging. It was a pleasant surprise considering I had no idea what was going to show up at my doorstep, having only paid $20. So how about the wallet itself...? 


Here it is! It doesn't look bad, right? The quality is fine - it's not like it's falling apart, and there are no obvious misprints/flaws on the exterior. So I was quite pleased and quite excited to see what it looked like inside.



Aaaand here we go! A bunch of glue strings that definitely wouldn't exist with legit LV. But I could pick them off and the rest of the interior was just fine!

I went on YouTube and learned a bit about how to distinguish LV fakes and then could spot the hallmarks like the slightly messy stitching and the "made in France" - apparently real LV will have Spain (or maybe Italy?) as their country of origin!

Overall, I just got this as a kind of test and as an accessory for the Kogal co*de that I'm planning. Could someone tell it's fake from a glance? Probably. But would I buy it again? For $20, definitely!  And the pink color is so cute!

Next are my fake Chanel earrings! I was less impressed with the packaging of these. They just came in a plastic bag that said "Chanel" with marker writing on them. Also, the seller was super insistent that I didn't show the picture of the item in my feedback lol. I think that's because the shop will get shut down if they're busted selling fakes. 


But the quality of the earrings themselves aren't bad! They're cute. I don't think I would wear them anywhere that people who could instantly tell they're fakes would be likely to frequent. But for Insta posts and casual gatherings, etc. I will definitely wear them!


It makes me want to get more considering how cheap they are, hehe. Getting a fake Chanel bag is also on my list, but I have to do a lot more research because I don't feel like gambling anywhere between $100 to several hundred dollars! 

What do you think? Are you interested in buying fakes? Have you ever done so in the past? 
Let me know in the comments below! 
I like doing this kind of thing and being able to share my findings with you~ 

Until next time,
-SamiiChu

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh yes I LOVE finding fakes on aliexpress! Esp if it's LV... I bought an LV bag from when I went on holiday and it's fallen apart so I really want to get a new one ;; that purse looks so gorgeous! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg that sounds so tempting and cute! I really want a LV or Chanel replica bag from there <3

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...