Friday, June 11, 2021

Shein Haul | Part 1: Rady Inspo

Hi hi~

It's been about a month since my last Shein haul - not including my swimsuit haul, which I still have to review - and I have another one to share with you!

I didn't want this post to get too long, so once again I'm dividing it up into two parts - the first will be items inspired by Rady/Shi-chan and the second will be everything else.

 You all already know my biggest inspo lately is Shi-chan, and I think it really helped give me focus when browsing on Shein to keep certain pieces in mind. Also, I spend so much time looking at Rady clothing that I could instantly pick out things that reminded me of it!

Another thing to keep in mind is the keywords... I search "rhinestone detail" or "pearl detail" on Shein to imitate the Japanese "ビジュー" that I find on brands!

Finally, I know I've been doing soo many hauls lately I swear this is one of the very last ones for now, eheh...

Alright, let's go~


First up are these absolutely stunning pearl & rhinestone detail shorts


They fit like a glove and are very nice quality; I gave them a wash (as I always do when I order clothes online) and none of the pearls or rhinestones were lost! They're on there pretty securely. Shein denim continues to be one of the biggest pleasant surprises for me.


Here I paired it with this purple marble top, which you may have seen me wearing in my co*de from last weekend!


Yes, this is like the dollar store version of the iconic marble print But I needed something with that pattern in my hands right away! And it's cute and I can mix it up with different ways of styling so I consider it a good way to spend $5.


Next is one of the things I was most excited to find! You may remember this pic from my inspo dump:


And I did actually find that exact hoodie dress from Rady on Mercari.jp, but I was worried about the fit... I'm a little on the taller side (compared to Japanese sizes) and am just bigger in general (shoulders, rib cage, hips etc.) so I was worried that this particular item wouldn't fit and I didn't buy it. I just love the lace paneling on the sleeves and how it's so casual but elegant, so I was sad.

But then I found this on Shein! It's not perfect (no pockets) but it's pretty much the next best thing!




I was really happy with this find! It's also really thin so I can still wear it this season on cooler days~


Next up are these sandals!


Listen, not only am I bigger than the average Japanese woman, but my feet are also a US size 9 and when I was studying abroad there, I couldn't find any shoes that fit me aside from at H&M.

So there is no way I'm fitting into Rady shoes, as gorgeous as they are... I will forever want a pair, though

This Shein pair is a good enough substitute, though! They were slightly narrow on my foot, but they don't look bad at all and are actually super comfy with a squishy sole These are also the most expensive thing I got from Shein (I think?) and they came in a nice box for storage with shoe bags, unlike my atsuzoko from last haul that just came in plastic bags! I was impressed.

Sorry, no feet pics~ But you'll see them in upcoming co*des!


Next is this rhinestone detail top


It was so gorgeous on the model and really reminded me of Rady or DaTuRa but for some reason I don't love it on me... Maybe it's too modest for what I've been wearing lately, or maybe it's the cut. But I think it will be good for the office or more formal situations



I'm going to have to be careful how I style this one... This is probably my least favorite thing from this haul.


As you may have just seen above, I also got these lavender pants!


They're jeans, apparently! They're very comfy and soft, but just a bit big at the waist and in the seat so I feel like I could have sized down. They're also not quite as vibrant as the pic - a problem I have found that Shein sometimes has. 


I also got a pair of light skinny jeans! 


I can't believe I didn't have any in my wardrobe, as I love light denim - but I have shied away from it in the past as I feel it can make me look bigger and I don't like that.  



They're very cute and comfy - which is a good thing because I accidentally somehow ordered two pairs in this order, lol... I really like Shein denim even though I've seen negative things about it before. I guess it depends on what you order and maybe I've just been lucky!


Finally, I got these ruffle shorts which have since sold out!


They look more like a skirt with safety pants inside, and while they're not quite as fluffy as I had hoped, they are soft and light which is perfect for summer! I wore them in my weekend co*de as well as the look I did for Kawaii Compass's mirror challenge!



And that's everything for part 1! I feel like I did a pretty good job getting pieces for my wardrobe that will help me replicate the Rady aesthetic, and soon my Mercari.jp haul will get here and complete everything 

What did you think? What was your favorite item? 
 Please look forward to part 2!
Until next time,
-SamiiChu

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh girly your so researched I love it! It honestly helps so much when trying to replicate the style of brands that dont exist anymore etc. Also I feel you about buying from brands and being nervous. We are 6ft1 so we normally go for big oversized tops or top dresses :') :(

    I love that hoodie dress on you! You got some amazing buys and hun you look gorgeous ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you're so sweet!! <3 Yes, I found things on Shein that reminded me of old D.i.a. and Golds Infinity too! :) It helps so much! Oh wow, then you totally get it - it's tough even at my height!

      Thank you so much <333

      Delete

A Few Gets

 Hi hi~ Tonight I was home alone so I decided to go get a few things I needed for my upcoming trip I only needed deodorant and makeup wipes ...